Cotton Candy Machine Operating Instructions
- Maximum amp draw for the ECONO-FLOSS
at 120 volts is 9 amps.
figure is an approximation and may vary slightly. An overloaded electric circuit will not
allow ECONO-FLOSS to make cotton candy.
The power supply cord is equipped with a machine ground (the tubular prong). For safety, always
plug the machine into a grounded receptacle.
- Floss head rotates at 3450 RPM. Operator
must keep hands and face clear of the floss head and
keep spectators at a reasonable distance.
- Machine must be plugged into a grounded
outlet to prevent electrical shock.
- Place the machine on a sturdy table or countertop
with the controls facing the operator.
- Unscrew the two transport screws on the unit on
either side of the floss head. Do NOT run the
machine with these screws in the "up" position.
- Place the Floss Bowl on
the motor assembly. It rests on the rubber stoppers on the motor
assembly- it does not connect or hook to the machine in any way.
Fill the floss head with one cup or less of floss sugar. When adding sugar to the floss head,
always fill it 90% full to obtain a balanced condition in the head
and eliminate vibration. DO NOT
add sugar with
- Turn on both the heat and the motor switches, and turn the heat
on high until you start to see the
forming. Then turn the heat back to a medium setting. After warm up, equipment should
make good floss at a reduced setting. Never let the machine operate with the heat so high
produces smoke or causes the sugar to burn.
- Pick a cone; if it sticks
in the stack of cones, twist it off the stack.
- Hold an inch or two of the pointed
end of the cone between two fingers and a thumb. With a light
flicking action, roll cone in the web of floss building up in the pan.
Lift the cone up with the ring of floss attached and rotate the cone to wrap the floss.
• DO NOT roll floss while the cone is inside the pan. This will
pack the floss too tightly.
- When completing operation for the day
(or any prolonged period), run all the sugar out of the floss
- When empty, turn the heat to highest position
for approximately one minute to "clean" the band
by baking off remaining sugar. NEVER put water in the floss head.
Clean the floss bowl and clear bubble with plain water. The sugar should easily dissolve after
minute or two. Wipe dry.
- Wipe the body of the machine with a wet cloth to dissolve any sugar that may
have collected on
it. Wipe dry.
*Adapted from the Gold Medal Owner's Manual.